We have received few calls from parents who are confused about summer school, fees, transportation, and who has to do what and where.
There are two summer school programs:
- 2017 Middle School Blended Summer Program
- 2017 Middle School Mandatory Summer Program
A. 2017 Middle School Blended Summer Program
This Program is based on the NWEA scores in Math and Reading. Any Student who is two (2) or more grade levels below in Math and/or Reading, must attend and show at least a one (1) grade level improvement.
This program is free and will be held at 3 stages:
- Attend class: Monday, June 19th and Tuesday June 20th from 9:00 – 12:00
- Attend and complete an on-line-learning: Wednesdays, June 28, July 12, July 19, July 26, and August 2th from 9:00 – 12:00. If the student completes his on-line work at home, the teacher will email you by Monday to inform you that your son / daughter will not be required to attend school on that Wednesday.
- Attend class: August 7th – August 10th from 9:00 – 12:00
Classes are free and transportation will be provided to Stout Middle School.
However, students who do not complete the assignments MUST attend additional classes from August 14th – August 17th. Transportation WILL NOT be provided for these days.
B. 2017 Middle School Mandatory Summer Program
This program is based on school performance. Any Student who fails one (1) or more courses (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies), MUST attend the Secondary Summer School at Dearborn High School from June 28th – July 21st (No School on July 3rd & 4th.) There will be NO TRANSPORTATION for this mandatory program. Each failed class will cost $125.
Students must register and submit the registration to the principal by June 15. FAILURE TO ATTEND AND PASS SUMMER SCHOOL, WILL RESULT IN RETENTION.
Click on the image below to enlarge and see how the Form you will receive will look like.