The Students’s Corner Quotes section is proving to be a great success. We are getting plenty of quotes on a daily basis from many of our students. It is encouraging and uplifting to see that many of our students do a lot of research to select a quote they believe in and appreciate. I think that sometimes we tend to be overwhelmed by some of the wrong choices that some kids make and we forget the good choices and the good work they do.
Do you enjoy creating your own characters? Do you like creating your own worlds? Do you like putting your created characters into tricky situations? If you do, then the Falcon Flyer Literature Anthology may be the right fit for you!
This year, the Falcon Flyer will no longer be delivering the news! It will not be a medium for creative storytelling! If you’re an aspiring author who wants to be the next J. K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, or Stephanie Meyer, BRING A SHORT NARRATIVE (STORY) SAMPLE to Mr. Hool’s room (C-3) for our first meeting on Wednesday, December 14 from 3:00-5:00. There is a late bus to take you home.
See you soon, creative writers! Mr. Hool
AVID students have started a little adventure to collect some funds. It is a little store that sells stationary and few other things! Here are the students telling you about it.
Stout Middle School blog, as well as all other Dearborn Public Schools, has now a portal that allows you to report any bullying incidents that you witness. All you have to do is fill up the blanks on the Response to Bullying Behavior Online Portal on the right side of your screen, just under the Dearborn Public School logo then hit the blue submit button. You can enter your name if you like or stay anonymous. Remember that reporting a bullying act doesn’t make you a “snitch!”; It makes you an UP-STANDER.
- Important, timely information about legislation being considered that will impact current state retirement system
- Henry Ford College financial aid & advising night, Dec. 7
- DFT donates books to students
- Holiday events & healthy activities for kids and families
- Glitter, Glass, Giving event at the Glass Academy, 5-7 pm, Tuesday, Dec. 6
- Shoe collection at Bryant through Dec. 20
- NEW classified ads – great items, great prices for the holidays.
If you would like to sign up to receive email notices when a new flyer is added to the blog, just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Go to communications.dearbornschools.org
- Enter your email in the box on the right down towards the center of the page.
- See helpful news you can use pop into your email lineup. It’s worth checking it out!
From your district Communications Team.
David, Sherry, Erik, and Leslie