Click on Bulletin 01-14-2019 to download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin, your eyes and ears into your kids’ school.
We are back from break and ready to go with your latest issue of the e3, the newsletter for Dearborn Public School employees.
In this issue, you will find:
- Care to the Core day is set for April 26
- Information about DSEHP wellness programs
- DHS’s own Greg Viscomi is staring in “Lend Me a Tenor” opening tonight, Jan. 11, at the Dearborn Players Guild.
- Public invited to interfaith Martin Luther King Jr. event on Sunday, Jan. 20.
- DHS Band Aid Boosters planning a Pasta and Performance fundraiser on Jan. 30.
- How to contact your Dearborn area state legislators
- And much more…
Did you know that car accidents are the #1 killer of teens?
Edsel Ford’s Link Crew receives a grant every year from Ford Motor Company called Strive for a Safer Drive. The purpose for the grant is to bring attention to the dangers of distracted driving. This year we are partnering with Mr Tyler and the leadership students to put together a community event called Safety Night
. Safety Night will be on Feb. 19th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in Edsel Ford High School auditorium
. We will have the Dearborn police,
the fire department
, first responders
present to give out information, do simulations and promote safe driving practices.
In addition, we have a keynote speaker, Cheryl Phillips, who will speaking from 6:00 – 6:45 about the dangers of vaping. Although vaping is not directly related to driving, we felt this was a good way of bringing the community together to educate parents on two epidemics affecting young people today: Car accidents and vaping.
We believe that knowledge is power. The more we work together, and educate ourselves and our community, the more likely we will be to get a handle on these epidemics.
Thank you for your support.
The Girls’ basketball season will be starting soon. Sixth, seventh and eighth grade tryouts will be held on Monday, January 28th from 3:00-4:50 in the gym.
- Students will need to have a sports physical to tryout. If you played another sport at Stout, such as volleyball, swimming or cheerleading, you will already have a sports physical on file. You can pick up the sports physical form from Coach Haddad or Coach Wooton if you need one.
- Please come dressed in gym clothes and proper gym shoes.
- There will be an activity bus at 5:00 to take you home.
Coaches Haddad and Wooton
Congratulations to the boys’ JV Stout basketball team. The JV boys have won the JV city championship by finishing the season with a record of 9-1. Great Job Guys!!
After School tutoring for students who needs help in various subjects has started as follows:
- Hojeije and Mrs. Sabra will provide after school tutoring in Math and Language Arts for the newcomers on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Thompson will have ELA tutoring on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Blazeski will have ELA tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Gleed will have Math tutoring on Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Zoratti will have Math tutoring on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Bennett will have the Study Hallon Tuesdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm. in H-6
***Activity Busses will be available to take you home at 5:00 pm.
Mahdi Ezzeddine defined life as follows:
“Life is like the pages of a book; it tells us what we are in everyday life!”