Boys Swim Tryouts will be Monday, January 28 from 3:00 – 4:45 pm.
- You need to have physical with you or on file.
- You must have a bathing suit, a pair of goggles, and a towel.
- You must be a deep end swimmer in gym.
There will be a bus to take you home after tryouts.
Thank you! Mrs. Fernandes.
Students in need of assistance in their content area classes can attend after-school tutoring sessions. Students must be signed up for tutoring by their appropriate content area teacher. The content area teacher will provide the tutor with information regarding what areas the student needs assistance in. There is a limit of 20 students per tutor per session. Sessions run from 3:00 until 5:00. Please see the list below for teachers and days that tutoring is being offered. Please contact your student’s teacher if you feel they could benefit from tutoring.
- ELA (Thompson – D5) W & Th
- ELA (Blazeski – H8) Tu & Th
- Math (Zoratti – H7) W
- Science/Math (Gleed – F8) Tu & F
- Science (Bourdage – F6) W
- Social Studies (Schulkey – G1) F
- Social Studies (Bennett – H6) Tu
Dear parents: Mark these days on your calendar. Your kids have already done that.
Friday, Jan. 18: Half Day
Monday, Jan. 21: No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Tuesday, Jan. 22: Half Day
Wednesday, Jan. 23: Half Day
We are happy to announce that Mr. Rashid Baydoun will be returning to the Stout Theater Program next week. We apologize for any undue stress this has caused students and our school community. Mr Baydoun needed some time away from extracurricular activities to attend to a few matters and he will soon be ready to continue his involvement with the theater program at Stout.
We would like to thank our faculty sponsor, Ms. Lisa Cronin, for continuing to plan and supervise theater activities these past few weeks. We would also like to thank the parents, community members and former students who have lent their support to the the theater program on an ongoing basis. We also appreciate the leadership and support of the entire Stout school community who continue to support every student in and out of school.
For the past few weeks, Mr. Baydoun has continued to work with students during the school day as Stout’s Social Responsibility Technician. We are pleased that he is returning to the theater program and look forward to future productions featuring our talented students.
Mr. Oke & Mr. Blessing
Stout PTA will hold its monthly meeting at 6:00 pm Wednesday, January. 16th, 2019 in the Main Hall in Stout Building. There are many things to discuss so please make an effort to attend.
Click on Bulletin 01-14-2019 to download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin, your eyes and ears into your kids’ school.
Did you know that car accidents are the #1 killer of teens?
Edsel Ford’s Link Crew receives a grant every year from Ford Motor Company called Strive for a Safer Drive. The purpose for the grant is to bring attention to the dangers of distracted driving. This year we are partnering with Mr Tyler and the leadership students to put together a community event called Safety Night
. Safety Night will be on Feb. 19th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in Edsel Ford High School auditorium
. We will have the Dearborn police,
the fire department
, first responders
present to give out information, do simulations and promote safe driving practices.
In addition, we have a keynote speaker, Cheryl Phillips, who will speaking from 6:00 – 6:45 about the dangers of vaping. Although vaping is not directly related to driving, we felt this was a good way of bringing the community together to educate parents on two epidemics affecting young people today: Car accidents and vaping.
We believe that knowledge is power. The more we work together, and educate ourselves and our community, the more likely we will be to get a handle on these epidemics.
Thank you for your support.
The Girls’ basketball season will be starting soon. Sixth, seventh and eighth grade tryouts will be held on Monday, January 28th from 3:00-4:50 in the gym.
- Students will need to have a sports physical to tryout. If you played another sport at Stout, such as volleyball, swimming or cheerleading, you will already have a sports physical on file. You can pick up the sports physical form from Coach Haddad or Coach Wooton if you need one.
- Please come dressed in gym clothes and proper gym shoes.
- There will be an activity bus at 5:00 to take you home.
Coaches Haddad and Wooton
Congratulations to the boys’ JV Stout basketball team. The JV boys have won the JV city championship by finishing the season with a record of 9-1. Great Job Guys!!
After School tutoring for students who needs help in various subjects has started as follows:
- Hojeije and Mrs. Sabra will provide after school tutoring in Math and Language Arts for the newcomers on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Thompson will have ELA tutoring on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Blazeski will have ELA tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Gleed will have Math tutoring on Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Zoratti will have Math tutoring on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Bennett will have the Study Hallon Tuesdays from 3:00 – 5:00 pm. in H-6
***Activity Busses will be available to take you home at 5:00 pm.
Mahdi Ezzeddine defined life as follows:
“Life is like the pages of a book; it tells us what we are in everyday life!”
Click on Bulletin 01-11-2019 to download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin, your eyes and ears into your kids’ school.
The Black Box Gallery – located at 3700 Monroe, Dearborn – along with Dearborn Public School Art Department are having a teacher / student art exhibition that features selected artwork from district wide. The Exhibition will run from Friday, Jan. 11 till Saturday, January 26. The reception will be on Friday, Jan. 11 from 5:00 to 10:00 pm. Come and enjoy great art and a wonderful gallery space!