The Battle of Books (BOB) is coming back to Stout. You and 3-4 of your closest pals will form a book club and read 5 books between now and when the final book battle takes place (at the end of March). You will read the books (together as a group or on your own) and meet as a book club to discuss the book with your staff sponsor.
Here is what you need to do:
- Get a team of 4-5 members total (not including your sponsor).
- Get a staff member to be your sponsor (this is mandatory).
- Come up with a cool team name.
- Complete the registration form and return it to Mrs. Hankins by Friday, Dec. 6th.
- Read 5 awesome books and discuss as a club with your sponsor.
- Meet weekly with your sponsor to set up a reading schedule, discuss what you’ve read, and answer questions about your books.
- Compete against each other in a trivia-style competition.
The Final Battle will take place in March which is Reading Month and each member of the winning team will receive a gift certificate for the book fair.
Here are the books to be read:
- Stolen Girl by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch
- The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz
- A Hope More Powerful Than the Sea by Melissa Fleming
- Game Changer by Tommy Greenwald
- Restart by Gordon Korman