Click on Bulletin 01-25-2018 to download your copy of Stout’s daily bulletin. Be in the know!
The Dearborn Public Schools Career & Technical Education (CTE) Department will host a College and Career Night on Thursday, February 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Michael Berry Career Center, located on the Dearborn Heights Campus at 22586 Ann Arbor Trail in Dearborn Heights.
All Dearborn middle and high school students, along with their families, are invited to attend and explore exciting programs available to prepare them for life after high school, how to get into college, how college works, and how to best prepare for the in-demand, high-paying jobs of tomorrow.
At the College and Career Night:
- Meet MBCC staff and students, tour the building and learn about Career and Technical Education programs in Health Science, Culinary Arts, Digital Design and Media, Business and Computers.
- Teachers from all Dearborn High School, Edsel Ford and Fordson will be on hand to talk about the CTE classes available to students as electives.
- Representatives from Henry Ford College and several other colleges will be on hand to discuss college credit for high school coursework (articulated credit), college applications, financial aid and what to expect after graduation.
- Local businesses will share information about the current job market and how to best prepare for current job openings.
- Members of local skilled trades organizations will talk about how to receive high-tech training and get a great paying job, without college loans and debt.
- Counselors and CTE staff will discuss the Michigan Merit Curriculum and how CTE classes may meet some graduation requirements.
- Various student organizations will be present to talk about student leadership, competition, and how to apply classroom learning to the real world.
- Dearborn Adult and Community Education will be available to discuss GED, ESL and training classes available to all Dearborn residents.
For more information, contact Mr. John Bayerl, CTE/Perking Supervisor, Michael Berry Career Center at (313) 827-4808 or email Bayerlj@dearbornschools.org.
You can download the MBCC College & Career Night 2-15-18 from here.