Click Bulletin 02-01-2018 to download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin. Be informed!
Are your children safe while online? Michigan families, especially minors, are becoming inundated with advertisements from alcohol, tobacco, pornography, illegal drug, and gambling marketers through different internet and cell phone inboxes. Texting their advertisements is the newest marketing effort that many of these companies are using. Thankfully, the Michigan Secretary of State’s office offers a free program to stop adult advertisements from reaching e-mails, mobile phones (text messaging ads) and instant messenger IDs. The Michigan Child Protection Registry, like the federal Do Not Call List, is a free do-not- contact service for Michigan’s families.
As a strong supporter of this Registry, I would like to encourage you to sign your entire family up for this program and inform your friends and colleagues about how they can protect their children and families from unwanted adult advertising. To sign up only takes seconds. Just go to www.ProtectMIChild.com and keep your family safe.
Hager Morshed shared her regard for teachers.
“A good teacher is like the light of a candle that consumes itself to light the way for others.”
Thank you for your appreciation.
It’s time to turn in book #5 and receive your FINAL book for this year’s competition (yay!) Please report to the media center WITH YOUR ENTIRE TEAM on Thursday, Feb. 1st or Friday, Feb. 2nd to turn in your current book and receive your last title. The final due date is 3:00 p.m. on Friday February 2nd. Please coordinate with your team members and pick a suitable time to visit the media center together. The date for this year’s Battle of the Books competition is Friday, March 2nd. The event will be taped and broadcasted. Happy Reading!
Click Bulletin 01-31-2018 to download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin. Be informed!
So, on Tuesday, January, 30th, Dentists R Us performed free preventive dental services to 25 of Stout Middle School students. On behalf of our school (staff and students), a big thank you.
Please note that Mrs. Sabra, Mrs. Mona Hojeije and Mrs. Saeed are tutoring the bilingual students on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. Thank you.
Click Bulletin 01-30-2018 to download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin. Be informed!
Hala Mallah stresses on the importance of friendship.
“If you can’t find a friend, be one!”
There is nothing like a good friend.
Stout Middle School will have its PBIS Reward Day on Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 in recognition of students who show positive behavior. Students will have the following choices:
- Dodgeball tournament (4 teams per grade, 10 kids per team)
- Computer time for 2 hours
- Movie for 2 hours
Just few items in this issue of YOUR e3
- School Board announces officers
- Superintendent’s “Happenings” show focused on District’s School Improvement Process
- ACCESS Community Coalition Town Hall to Prevent Substance Abuse Tuesday, Jan. 30
- Parent University classes begin Friday, Feb. 2
- Daddy Daughter Dance Thursday, Feb. 3
- Mardi Gras Fundraiser for Education Foundation, Tuesday, Feb. 13
- MBCC College & Career Night Thursday, Feb. 15
- The Henry Ford’s “Innovation Nation Teacher Awards” deadline Feb. 28
- Library Foundation “Educators Fostering Future Readers Contest” deadline March 1
- Enter family stories and/or recipes for The Big Read Dearborn
- A sampling of photos from student activities across the District and…..new items in the ever-popular classified ads!
Click on Bulletin 01-29-2018 to download your copy of Stout’s daily bulletin. Be in the know!
Heads up! Boys Swim Tryouts are coming up! If you’d like to try out please come sign up with Coach Fernandes in room D1. Tryout will be held on Thursday February 1st from 3:00 – 4:45 pm. Please come with a swimsuit, towel, and goggles.
All 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls interested in trying out for girls’ basketball team must:
- Sign up with Coach Haddad (counseling office) or Coach Wooton (G6)
- Submit a completed Physical Form* by January 26th to your coach.
Tryouts will take place between 3:00 and 5:00 pm. on Tuesday, Jan. 30th.
*If you have already participated in a Stout sport this school year, you do not need a new physical.
Thanks! Coaches Haddad and Wooton
Saadia Shawish quote urges us to make the best of what we have and not just sit and wait:
“Don’t wait for the perfect moment. Instead, take the moment and make it perfect!”