Click on the following link to download your Friday, Nov. 25, 2019 Stout Daily Bulletin. It is your eyes and ears into our school.
The Book Fair at Stout will run Monday, December 2 through Thursday, December 5 from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Teachers will sign their classes up for a time slot during that week, using the Media Center calendar.
- Individual students can be sent with a pass, if they have money after the whole class visit.
- Teachers will choose TWO students to receive a free book (up to $10 in value). It can be students who may not otherwise purchase one, or upstanding students who deserve an extra reward.
- Students chosen for a free book will stay after class leaves to make their selection, without influence from their friends 🙂
The Battle of Books (BOB) is coming back to Stout. You and 3-4 of your closest pals will form a book club and read 5 books between now and when the final book battle takes place (at the end of March). You will read the books (together as a group or on your own) and meet as a book club to discuss the book with your staff sponsor.
Here is what you need to do:
- Get a team of 4-5 members total (not including your sponsor).
- Get a staff member to be your sponsor (this is mandatory).
- Come up with a cool team name.
- Complete the registration form and return it to Mrs. Hankins by Friday, Dec. 6th.
- Read 5 awesome books and discuss as a club with your sponsor.
- Meet weekly with your sponsor to set up a reading schedule, discuss what you’ve read, and answer questions about your books.
- Compete against each other in a trivia-style competition.
The Final Battle will take place in March which is Reading Month and each member of the winning team will receive a gift certificate for the book fair.
Here are the books to be read:
- Stolen Girl by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch
- The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz
- A Hope More Powerful Than the Sea by Melissa Fleming
- Game Changer by Tommy Greenwald
- Restart by Gordon Korman