With the news of two confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Michigan, I wanted to share the additional steps we are taking at Stout Middle School to support a healthy environment for our students.
- Our custodians will be putting extra focus on cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces areas including desks, tables, door handles, and other items that students and staff come into contact with.
- We have changed procedures for distributing food during lunch, including prepackaged food. All food will be handed directly from the server to the individual student for the time being.
- We have eliminated salad bars during lunch for the time being. Salad will still be available for students, but it is now being individually prepared and packaged.
- We have shared and posted preventative strategies with students such as regular and thorough hand-washing.
Good hygiene practices will help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases. Please follow these recommendations and encourage all family members to do the same.
- Stay home if you are sick, and advise others to do the same.
- Always cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and warm water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The following resources were shared by the district administration team to support parents in discussing COVID-19 with their children. Please click on the links below to review these documents.
The health and safety of our students is always our first priority. We will continue to share information on the school blog as it becomes available. Additional information is also available on the district’s website.