Need a little help with your school work or just a quiet place to work? Homework Room, formally Study Hall, will be held in H-6 every Tuesday and Thursday after school. Students may take the 5:00 Activity bus home. Please have a teacher sign you up at least (1) day in advance.
Click Bulletin 09-26-2017 to read, print, or download your copy of Stout’s Daily Bulletin. Be in the know!
A Portuguese school decided to answer the question,”where do a school’s responsibilities begin, and where do they end?” and clarify the matter once and for all, by sticking a poster in its halls. The school’s sign was later shared on Letter to the parents, and quickly began to spread around the world. The simple but effective messager highlights five key points which the school is determined should be managed by the parents, as follows:
- We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you, all begin to be learned at home.
- It’s also at home that children learn to be honest, to be on time, diligent, show friends their sympathy, as well as show utmost respect for their elders and all teachers.
- Home is where they learn to be clean, not talk with their mouths full, and how/where to properly dispose of garbage.
- Home is also where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it’s not ok to touch others.
- Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education. We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.”
Do you think that schools in the US should be posting this in their hallways, too? Share if you agree that parents need to take responsibility for their children’s behavior!
Click Bulletin 09-25-2017 to view, print, or download Stout Daily Bulletin.
Click Bulletin 09-22-2017 to view, print, or download Stout Daily Bulletin.
Don’t miss on the Smoke on the Grill Family Picnic to Support our PTA/Students and the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council Application for High School Students. The event will be held on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2017 at Ford Field Park in Dearborn between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Plenty of entertainment for kids including Bounce houses, clowns, kids’ meals, etc., along with many prizes.
Tickets are $30 for adults, and $10 for kids. To get tickets, you can either contact your local PTA president at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dearborn Good Fellows at (313) 274-4499.
Click on Event Flyer to download more details.
The 6th Annual Robert Cipriano Run will take place on Monday, October 23, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. at Ford Field Park. Students can see Mrs. Foreman, Ms. Layson, Mr. Tapp, or Mr. Vietinghoff for permissions and forms. For more information, please click on the following link:
You can also visit Mr. Vietinghoff Blog.
Click Bulletin 09-21-2017 to view, print, or download Stout Daily Bulletin.