SEDSAC is back for the second year! Dr. Maleyko believes in hearing from our students and has expanded the concept of the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SSAC) to include middle school students and the Executive Directors. Three years of successful student leadership at the high school level has ignited a spark for our middle school students to have a similar experience. The purpose of the council is to provide leadership opportunities for 7th and 8th grade students with a focus on community service, social issues that impact their education and overall district related concerns.
The Superintendent/Executive Directors’ Student Advisory Council (SEDSAC) will debut December 5, 2018. Please apply if you have:
- Excellent attendance
- 2.5 G.P.A. or higher
- Skills to collaborate with fellow students
- A desire to make positive change in your school
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- No problem following the policies in the District Student Code of Conduct
- The discipline to attend monthly meetings during the school day and balance your academics.
- The deadline for application submission is Friday, November 16, 2018.
Here is the link to apply:
Note: Only 7th & 8th graders can apply for membership.